Solar Means Business: Kelly Subaru is Seeing Green
The top corporate solar users in the United States have now installed more than 1 gigawatt (GW) of solar capacity, enough to power 193,000 homes. These Fortune 500 companies have installed solar at nearly 2,000 individual installations nationwide. –SEIA
Kelly Subaru owner Tim Kelly says the auto dealership was the first business to settle in the rebranded Golden Gateway area of downtown Chattanooga in 1971. He (Kelly) marked a nearly $2 million makeover of the car store, which is the newest investment in a part of downtown that’s undergoing a vast transformation involving residential, commercial and public ventures.
“It’s been a long wait for the neighborhood to come around,” said Kelly at the dealership located at M.L. King Boulevard and Riverfront Parkway.
While the upgrades don’t increase the store’s footprint, the work included a variety of improvements with an emphasis on the environment, he said. (Kelly Subaru gets nearly $2 million makeover as sales increase nationally,September 9th, 2016
The 50kW system is expected to decrease the the powerbill of the dealership by 1/4, saving tens of thousands of annually. Expertly installed by Solar Solutions, member of SEIA and TenneSEIA, but powered by the sun.
Many of the nations leading companies are going solar. As a recent report from SEIA shows below.
- Target takes top spot, besting Walmart for first time
- 1)Target: 147.5 MW 2)Walmart: 145 MW 3) Prologis: 108 MW
- Walmart had taken the top spot in each of the last 4 reports
- Report grows to cover 1,092 MW across 1,947 installations
- Up from 907 MW across 1,686 installations in 2016
- These systems collectively produce 1.5 million MWh annually
- Equivalent to the electricity needed to power 193,000 homes
- Offsets 1.1 million metric tons of CO2 emissions each year
- Through the first 3 quarters of 2016, companies in this report installed 142 MW
- Well ahead of the 130 MW installed in all of 2015
Showing really mean business and a great return on investment; but not to mention a 30% federal Tax Credit. Contact Solar Solutions for more information.